LxCenter HyperVM & Kloxo Support

Forum is closed. Use http://community.lxcenter.org/

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Kloxo Community Support » Technical Help » Mail stopped working after update
Mail stopped working after update [message #65394] Wed, 20 May 2009 12:14 Go to next message
skyremote is currently offline skyremote  United Kingdom
Recently shortly after the update that changed LxAdmin's branding none of the mail accounts can send mail from their e-mail accounts as they receive errors. I've tried "yum remove qmail" and "yum install qmail" but this did not fix it, I've also run /script/upcp/ and that did not work either.

I am using OpenDNS's IP's in my /etc/resolv.conf file if that means anything? As I'm not using the ones provided by my VPS provider.

I used to get this error:
451 DNS temporary failure

But since I've reinstalled qmail I don't anymore I just get this in Outlook:

Task 'Account@Domain.com' - Sending' reported error (0x800CC0F): 'The connection to the server was interupted. If this problem continues contact your server administrator or Internet Services Provider (ISP).

Re: Mail stopped working after update [message #65422 is a reply to message #65394] Thu, 21 May 2009 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arthurthornton is currently offline arthurthornton  United States
Grandmaster
LxCenter Staff

You can't remove qmail and reinstall it. You will need to take a backup of Kloxo and restore it on a fresh install.
/script/backup --class=client --name=admin

Re: Mail stopped working after update [message #66249 is a reply to message #65394] Fri, 29 May 2009 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
com2 is currently offline com2  Spain
Senior Master
Developer
I have this same issue at the moment. This backup and reinstall is not an option for me, much too disruptive for a serious hosting service. I would like to hear an answer of Lxlabs about this issue.
Re: Mail stopped working after update [message #66353 is a reply to message #66249] Fri, 29 May 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lxhelp
The Champion
Can you tell me how exactly this happened?

The kloxo upgrade doesn't touch the mail system at all.

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 08:20:52AM -0000, com2 wrote:
>
>
> I have this same issue at the moment. This backup and reinstall is not an option for me, much too disruptive for a serious hosting service. I would like to hear an answer of Lxlabs about this issue.
>

Re: Mail stopped working after update [message #66360 is a reply to message #65394] Sat, 30 May 2009 09:12 Go to previous message
skyremote is currently offline skyremote  United Kingdom
I'm not sure how it happened it had been working fine for weeks on end I had not touched anything and then suddenly it stopped working, I tried looking at all the logs but there were no errors at all and as my clients pushed me I was forced to rebuild the server because I could not lose any more downtime on the e-mail as their business's relied on it.
Previous Topic:After installation i get this
Next Topic:Problem with nameservers and DNS records
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Sep 02 11:03:53 EDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01751 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home :: Privacy ::.

Click here to lend your support to: LxCenter and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !