LxCenter HyperVM & Kloxo Support

Forum is closed. Use http://community.lxcenter.org/

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Kloxo Community Support » Technical Help » How can I set up my website without a domain using the ip?(I need to set everything up before I switch hosts)
How can I set up my website without a domain using the ip? [message #98484] Tue, 05 June 2012 03:55 Go to next message
brainbuzzmedia is currently offline brainbuzzmedia  United States
I have a website that is currently online at another host. I just got a new host and set up kloxo. My old host is still running my website and my domain's dns is still pointing to the live website on this previous host.

If I switch my dns to my new host that is using Kloxo I will have a blank website until I reinstall/upload everything.

I can't seem to find any way to view my files on the new host using the ip they have set up.

How can I work on this new host to get my website up before I change my dns?
Re: How can I set up my website without a domain using the ip? [message #98487 is a reply to message #98484] Tue, 05 June 2012 04:59 Go to previous message
brainbuzzmedia is currently offline brainbuzzmedia  United States
When I view my server's ip I get a splash screen for kloxo saying "If you are seeing this page, it means that web has not been configured for this domain on this server."

It states "If you are seeing this page when you try to access an IP like 192.168.1.1, then that means that the IP has not yet been mapped to a domain. Go to client home -> ipaddresses -> ipaddress home -> domain config and map an IP to a domain."

When I try to map my ip to my domain I get this error "To map an IP to a domain, the domain must ping to the same IP, otherwise, the domain will stop working. The domain you are trying to map this IP to, doesn't resolve back to the IP, and so it cannot be set as the default domain for the IP."

How can my domain resolve to the new ip if I haven't transferred the dns yet? What is the point of being able to view the content via the ip if I already have the dns transferred?
Previous Topic:How can Remote Mysql database via Kloxo ?
Next Topic:setup subdomain to existing folder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 06:56:51 EDT 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02213 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home :: Privacy ::.

Click here to lend your support to: LxCenter and make a donation at www.pledgie.com !